Thursday, September 4, 2008

Who am I?

In the last few weeks, as many of my friends and family know, I have been going through a rough time. I believe that what doesn't kill you will only make you stronger. I want to come out on top after all is said and done with this. I have been thinking a lot about the kind of person I am and the kind of person I want to be. I have been asking myself who am I? Because lately, it seems like I am constantly being judged and I want everyone to know who I am and what I believe defines me.

I am, first and foremost, a child of God. I try to embrace that everyday and I thank God for everything he has given me in my life and I pray that he makes me stronger and better through this time of adversity. I am a mother to two beautiful little girls. They have done nothing but bring joy to my life every single day and I love them with everything that I am. I am a daughter to 4 wonderful parents. I have grown up surrounded by love and I am so fortunate to have the love of such amazing people that I am lucky to call parents. I am a sister to 2 beautiful little sisters, 1 big brother, and 1 awesome step-sister. My little sisters are my pride and joy and my big brother is my best friend. I am an aunt to 3 stunningly beautiful little girls and 1 handsome little boy. I love them like they are my own. I am a best friend to some of the greatest people on the earth. I have been blessed by friendships that I have no idea what I would do without. These are the things that define me. These are the things that do not: My many inadequecies, my fears(heights, being alone, cats, spiders, darkness, etc.), my marriage status, my income level, my messiness, and my past.

I have made many mistakes in my life, but I believe that if you don't learn from your mistakes then your mistakes begin to define you. I do not want to be defined by the past or mistakes that I have made. I know that people will judge me and that is human nature and I have been guilty of doing the same thing in the past. I am choosing to move forward with my life and I have to concentrate on myself and my girls right now. I hope I have the love and support of my friends and family and I know that I do.

On a lighter note, I haven't been very good at keeping this blog updated, but Kaylie started Pre-K here in Woodward and she loves it. She is really thriving there. I enjoy my mornings with Allie. It is so precious when Kaylie gets out of the car, Allie breaks into tears every time. I am going to buy a camera ASAP, because I can't believe I didn't get a picture of Kaylie on her first day of school, but as you can imagine she looked adorable!!

~Britt

1 comment:

Cari said...

What a beautiful post. I know we've only just met but I have "judged" you to be a wonderful person regardless of the superficial stuff whatever it may be. Looking forward to walking and getting to know you better. Best wishes!